We’re looking for a volunteer to help coordinate our social media!
You’ll be helping other Surfrider volunteers and staff with Instagram and Facebook. Content we share includes:
- Upcoming Surfrider events including chapter meetings, beach clean-ups, and public outreach events.
- Upcoming events with local partners such as Patagonia, Ventura Land Trust, Ventura Water, and the Ventura Visitor’s Center.
- Posts from Surfrider national headquarters.
- News articles about environmental issues (e.g. climate change)
- National environmental observances like World Water Day
- Pretty pictures of our local beaches.
- Volunteer appreciation shout outs with pics.
What does this position entail?
- Request posts from members of the EC
- Plan and schedule weekly posts with the Chair. (Access to a content calendar is a plus.)
- Help the chapter meet its goal of a balanced and consistent social media presence with an average of one post on each platform per day.
Interested volunteers may contact Laura at VolunteerCoordinator@ventura.surfrider.org