Surfrider Ventura County invites you and your company to join the effort to protect our 43 miles of coastline by sponsoring a private or public beach cleanup!
Why Sponsor a Cleanup?
- Help protect our oceans, waves, and beaches
- Helps establish your company as a good corporate citizen and foster brand loyalty
- Encourages employees to be engaged in their community
- Strengthens employee team building and morale
- Involvement in Surfrider corporate beach cleanups will enhance the image of your company as a positive contributor to the community and local environment
- Your company’s tax-deductible donation to Surfrider goes directly to supporting our work to make sure our oceans, waves, and beaches are healthy, protected and preserved for generations to come.
What we provide:
- Insurance, permits, waivers, an orientation led by our event host(s), Surfrider tent and table(s).
- Gloves, bags, buckets, grabbers, data cards, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and water.
- Our orientation includes an introduction to Surfrider Foundation, the importance of coastal preservation efforts, and simple measures we can all take to protect our ocean, waves and beaches.
- We provide a day-of total weight of trash removed from the beach, and also compile your team’s data cards (if used) and send a full impact report within 2-3 days.
- Your cleanup event will be recognized on our social media platforms. We’ll give you a shout out with the total weight of trash collected.
Organizers will meet your group at the cleanup site to provide supplies, collect waivers, and dispose of trash afterward. The cleanup will last 1-2 hours.
Suggested Sponsorship Levels
$500 – SHOREBIRD Up to 20 people in your group.
$1000 – SEA LION Up to 40 people in your group.
$1500 – DOLPHIN Up to 60 people in your group.
$2000 – WHALE Over 60 people in your group. Also available as a discount to corporations and the military. Contact us to see if your organization qualifies!
- Surfrider-branded Surfers Point Tees – $20/person
- Surfrider-branded 30th Anniversary Tees – inquire for cost
- Surfrider-branded Stainless Steel Pint – $10/person
- Surfrider branded Reusable Bamboo Utensil Sets – $12/person
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Can I bring my kids? – Yes! We encourage families and friends to get involved
- Can I bring my dog? – At the Ventura Promenade, YES. Dogs are allowed on leash, but please bring extra water and doggy bags
- Can our company bring our own tent/snacks/t-shirts? – Yes, you may bring all your own gear. We strongly discourage bringing styrofoam, single use plastics, and all other forms of plastics due to the prevalence of these items at our cleanups. Surfrider is happy to supply lists of local restaurants that use sustainable packaging such as our Ocean Friendly Restaurants
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.