Thank you again to everyone who was able to join us for our October Volunteer Recruitment Meeting. Below are the links + resources that were mentioned throughout. If you’re interested in any of these campaigns / programs let us know and we’ll connect you with the right person(s).
Orange County Oil Spill
For now, the best way for the public to get updates on how to help is to text oilspill to 51555 then fill out the form with their contact info.
Below is a summary of the resources:
- Surfrider blog on the spill HERE
- Action Alert to tell congress to permanently ban new offshore drilling HERE
- Protect and Enjoy podcast – Oil spill interview and how you can help HERE
- Oil spill tool kit HERE
- Business Sign-on Letter: Protect our Coasts from Offshore Oil Drilling HERE
- Tell Gov Newsom to approve SB 433.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter https://us2.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e0ddd22a5a04739cf9d117030&id=50b9b4646f
- View our Volunteer Opportunities page and follow us on Instagram and Facebook for daily updates
- Check out our programs under “Our Work” on ventura.surfrider.org to learn about which program you would like to volunteer for
For questions and to get in contact with program leaders, please send an email to Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, what programs your interested in, and your availability.
- Hold On To Your Butts (HOTYB) needs volunteers for 2-4 hours a month for people to empty the ashcans in Oxnard and Port Hueneme! Email Juli Marceil at email@example.com
- Blue Water Task Force: We need 3-4 volunteers to assist with collecting water samples once a week on Thursday morning for the 6 month testing season. There will be a volunteer training mid-October for those who are interested. Email April and Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ocean Friendly Gardens: SurfriderVC is looking for a new Ocean Friendly Garden lead for the chapter. Previous landscaping experience is preferred, email Laura at email@example.com
- Ocean Friendly Restaurants: Join the OFR team for their monthly meeting the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30-6:30pm. We are currently looking for volunteers to be boots on the ground in talking with new restaurants owners about ocean friendly restaurant practices and how to join our OFR Network
- CSUCI Surfrider Foundation Club: Are you a current student at CSUCI looking for service learning hours and/or to be apart of the environmental movement on campus? Follow us on IG and CISync to get involved as an officer or core volunteer!